Friday, May 21, 2010

Spain striker David Villa completes £34.2m move to Barcelona


The Spain star has signed a four-year deal after the Catalan side approved a £34.2m fee with former club Valencia. 

David Villa, the Spain forward, has fulfilled his move from Valencia to Barcelona after passing his medical this morning. 


The 28-year-old signed a four-year contract, with an option for a further twelve months and a buy-out clause of 200 million euros. 


"Anybody would be happy to come to a club like this - as everybody says, this is the best team in the world," Villa told Barcelona's website. 

"I'm very happy and proud to be here." 

"At Valencia I have grown as a player and as a person. At Valencia I have felt at home from day one and nobody will doubt it to be that way forever. 

"I want everyone to know that it has been a great source of pride for me to wear this shirt. It has given me so much and I will always carry it in my heart." 

No comments:

Post a Comment